Wednesday 6 May 2020

Monthly Financial Updates

This monthly sustainability report does not include any of the salaried income. The basis for this monthly financial review is to gauge the sustainability status of my financial independence based on the total amount of passive income received.

It's another cold month for dividend payout. But as usual I am not overly dependent on just one source of passive income to stay sustainable. We are now in the second quarter of the year and rolling off with it is a nice whopping start with the maturing of our largest fixed deposit. As I mentioned before, I like to play with fixed deposit maturing period to strategize the placement of its interest payout on the cold months. 

What? No dividend payout? Never mind still got other source of income. 

As you can see, the amount of fixed deposit payout is rather big. Yes, the principal amount is the largest we have in this platform, and the interest rate is quite high. 

The rental income however got revised down to $1300. The lock-down measures has stop all non-essential services in Singapore. Some of my tenants were forced to stay home with no salary income for the month, so to help them relieve some financial pressure, we agreed to lower down the rental for that month. 

It is the period of crisis, let us help each other. 

Here is my portfolio update and as anyone can see. I am in trouble. LOL.
My war chest went down to less than 3%. But I manage to increase some holdings in Blue Chips counter. Ahem, at a comfortable price. Don't ask me which one and how much. Different people got different risk level and comfort level. No point asking which promotional item in supermarket to buy from passerby.

At this stage, I am more or less done with my portfolio and will not be adding anymore counters unless the price is very attractive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment