Monday 22 July 2019

Protect your future. Don’t act hero.


I have spent some $600 for this month on medical bills. No, it was not some common illness. It was an old injury which I got it during my younger days as a technician. 

Occupational health hazards are a common issue for technician who are exposed to toxic chemicals and hazardous physical activities that involved a lot of carrying and climbing.  When we were still young, we tend to ignore such potential health hazards. I did not wear any gloves when handling chemicals and oils, so now I am having some skin allergy issue. I injured my neck spline while working at a pro-long duration handling heavy stuffs in improper posture, but because I was still young I heal fast and it did not reoccur over the years. As I aged however, it came back to haunt me like a persistent ghost and I ended up spending $$$ to get it restored. 

Recurring injuries are a long term issue and can become a potential financial burden as this indirectly increase the cost in wellness expenses. I certainly paid a price for it.

The greatest gift we can have in life is to be well and healthy. Only then we can really enjoy what life has to offer for us. Without health, we ended up spending our time fighting the illness and injuries with our hard-earned incomes, and derives us the time to live our life. Life is short, we have such little time to do the things we like to do, and I lost so much time travelling and sitting in the clinic for hours. 

Time once lost is lost forever. So don’t act hero. Please protect yourself and your future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment