Tuesday 2 March 2021

Monthly Financial Updates

This monthly sustainability report does not include any of the salaried income. The basis for this monthly financial review is to gauge the sustainability status of my financial independence based on the total amount of passive income received.

Its a short February. And a rather boring Chinese New Year. Thanks to the pandemic, all the events are closed or sized down, confined to home entertainments. Even home visiting are restricted. Well, nothing much we can do about it. 

This is my 10th month working from home since April 2020, some of my friends are already getting bored and restless. Well, these are some of the social active guys. As for me, I gets even more busy. LOL. I got lots of things to do but,,,,,,no time. Sigh. And they wondered, why I got so much things to do apart from my job. Its the brain, or rather the mind that keeps pounding new ideas and knowledge that kept me occupied for days, weeks and months. It seem endless. LOL.

The market start roll forward with the first of the dividend month. The month of February yield a total of $2060.62. This is somewhat 20% lesser compare to last year. This is to be expected, with the pandemic still wrecking the global business and keeping the consumers at home, profits naturally will be lesser. As I always mentioned, I look for sustainability in an investment, if my portfolio can remain sustainable during a crisis, I can expect it to reward me more during a blooming period. A year has passed since the pandemic strike the world, and I am still getting dividend income on lesser scale, this does boast my confidence in the sustainability of my portfolio. 

Rental income still remains stable. This brings overall passive income for the month of February to an amount of $3869.89. 

The market continued to hover around STI 2800-2900. There has been some surge but otherwise, the whole market pretty much stagnant. Swinging here and there according to the armies of 'Shorters'. 

As my portfolio remains unchanged with no addition. My cash holding continued to rise as I no longer need to divert cash funds to finance my housing loan. So, in the months to come, I can expect to build a larger cash position.  



No comments:

Post a Comment