Sunday 23 June 2019

How this blog started



It started with a passion in writing. Back in the 1980s, there was no platform for me to develop my writing skill. It was not the age of computer; information was obtained mainly through the newspapers, magazines and media news. If I wished to research anything, the only place I could go was the library. I read a lot of books in my younger days, even reference books which I should not be reading at my age. While my classmates threw their local History textbooks into the dustbin, I went studied the World History at the library.  Purely for interest.

I actually wrote my first book on my own when I was only 12 years old, through the hours and days and weeks of typing it out manually on a traditional typewriter. Naturally, it contains tons of Grammars mistake. Language was not my strong area, but that did not stop me from writing. 

As I grew older, the burdens of life weighed upon me more and more heavily, I found solace in writing. It did actually help relieved my troubled mind and saved me from sliding into depression. With the advance of technology, many things which had been impossible become possible for me. Whenever an inspiration comes, I would embark on writing my inspiration and turned it into a story created purely from the seeds of imaginations. I am however more of a creative writer, and could spend the hours imagining about the story development. That sort of got me into troubles sometime when people around me caught me day dreaming. Ops!

The idea of a blog did  not occur to me until I am in my 40s, when I achieved my first level of financial independence. It was like now that I had achieved my long-cherished goal, I can pursue my passion, but where to start? Through this blog, I wish to share my life experience and what I have learn with the people around the world who are still searching for an answer.

So, here it is, the beginning of a new journey. 😊


1 comment:

  1. Best wishes for your startup. May this journey reflect on you and inspires many more. Write it right! GK

    ReplyDelete