Wednesday 1 April 2020

Monthly Financial Updates

This monthly sustainability report does not include any of the salaried income. The basis for this monthly financial review is to gauge the sustainability status of my financial independence based on the total amount of passive income received.

A rather turbulent month. The coronavirus has now affected the world on global level impacting the flow of day-to-day life of the people. Singapore for the first time is facing a long term recession ahead. As such, I can foresee the lowering of dividends payout from all the companies in order to stay sustainable. 

Dividend collected for the month of March was $1.587.82, much lower than projected. I changed my table to reflect only the passive income received, the monthly expenses generally was consistent throughout the months. To make things simpler, I decided to focus on keeping track of the overall passive income of each month. 


I had activated half of my war chest and acquired some stocks in my watch list in this market crash down. Most significantly was the increase in the allocation of blue chips counters as I believed these should remain sustainable in the face of the crisis and have better chance to recover as the world recover from the impact of the crisis. 

   
This was the month that saw the STI index crashed down all the way to 2,200 points, a market crash that most of the dividend investors would have been waiting for years. But none would have expected it to come at such speed, and damages it inflicted to the world. While the crisis of 2008 and 2016 had pulled down the stock markets level, it had not resulted in mass death of the people. As I entered the market to buy up some stocks at a lower price brought down by the impact of the crisis, I remained consciously aware that ten of thousands and thousands of people are still suffering around the world. The crisis of 2020 shall always be remembered in my memory that it had come and remind mankind once again of the limits of mortality.

So guys, while the crisis had offer the opportunities we all had been waiting for. Let us also be reminded that this crisis had involved causalities upon human race, lets join our hearts to pray and offer our condolences to those who had lost theirs love ones in this crisis. 



No comments:

Post a Comment