Sunday 3 January 2021

Monthly Financial Updates

This monthly sustainability report does not include any of the salaried income. The basis for this monthly financial review is to gauge the sustainability status of my financial independence based on the total amount of passive income received.

It's a new year!!!

December has been a rather long month, half of the month I was busy tidying up my affairs including the final down payment of my housing loan. Final payment of dividends by all the companies for December amounted to $4847.03. After reviewing the differences between 2019 and 2020, I realized my portfolio turned out to be much more resilience than I had projected. Early this month, I had projected a 30% less dividend income, but after final reviewing, it came to a rather surprising loss of 15%. This certainly reassured my confident in my financial sustainability in view of the pandemic. Still, it is unlikely the market will recover much for 2021, naturally dividend income may further cut for some companies.

Rental income remains stable. December however saw an early cash out of an Fixed Deposit which amounted to $905.00. The interest rate for the next one year dropped dramatically to less than 1%. It appeared that the passive income for the new year 2021 will face much challenges.

 
Portfolio remains unchanged for December, as the market slowly recovered back to STI 2800 range, there wasn't much to offer from Mr Market. But this month I finally finished the last down payment of my housing loan with cash. So I can now expected my cash holdings to increase faster than before.  
 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment