Friday 21 August 2020

4 months working from home, so what have I been doing?

4 months has passed and I am still confined at home. Am I bored? Actually no, I brought out a lot of things to settle. Working on hobbies that has been sitting on shelf and boxes for years, reading or re-reading some books, reviewing my financial status, reflection on my life and planning for the future. Seriously, I need more time!!!

If anyone managed to visit my Art Room, you will see what I have been working on. An army of miniatures to assemble and paint. All manual works, pure focus and dedicated works. 

And I think I am running out of storage spaces for it. LOL!!! Ah well, someday will dig out some spaces for it.

Books! I got a small library here. Hundreds! But no time to read. Now I am finally starting to read them. Sometime even into the late night.....omg. My readings do not just restricted to books, even magazines like these.

These are quite ancient copies, collected over the years. Oh...I just love geography and history. I always got good results in school for this two subjects, but FAILED HORRIBLY in Mathematics....and yet I am working in Engineering field.....which is why I never manage to perform in this career...ah well,,,,

So what is going on with the market lately?

Nothing.

Yes. nothing at all. The STI index been hovering around 2500 point with little signs of recovering, in fact it might just gets worse. Mainly because Singapore is heavily dependence on international trade and transition. The closing of borders due to the covid-19 proved damaging and perhaps one of the most challenging crisis this small nation has ever experienced. Never before in history that so much of the national reserves was utilized to sustain the economy and helped the needy.     

Although in difficult times, I am still sticking to my plans in neutralizing the housing loan and planning for the future. 

So, what's in my future?

I will be moving on with my life, I had always been wanting to pursue my passion in Arts. I have been busy exploring the possibility of pursuing a discipline in Arts - full time. Oh yes, full time. That would means I will be leaving the employment eventually, and no more salary income thereafter, This is the main reason why I wanted to achieve financial independence, the day may comes when I can finally leave the rat race and pursue my passion.

Well, until then. Stay strong and focus, dare to dream. I dreamed a lot, and still dreaming about the future. :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment